RASCI is a not-for-profit, independent public limited organisation established under Section 25 of the Companies Act. We have been funded by the Government of India along with Equity participation from Retailer’s Association of India, Reliance Retail Ltd., Future Retail India Ltd., Shoppers Stop Ltd., Globus Stores (P) Ltd., Trent Ltd., Infiniti Retail Ltd. and Connaught Plaza Restaurant (P) Ltd. to function as the Apex Skill Development Council for the Retail Industry.
We represent the retail industry in India.
RASCI is a collaborative and comprehensive source of retail expertise and independent advice for industry, training organizations, educational institutions, certifying bodies, employees, students or jobseekers about skills development in the retail industry.
- Development of a culture which promotes and enhances the skills development of its workforce.
- Ensure availability of entire value chains requirement of appropriately trained manpower in quantity and quality across all levels on a sustained and evolving basis.
- Vertical and Horizontal portability for VET skills as a comparable education across industries/education/systems/geographies by building a robust quality assurance.
- Create a transparency for all industry members for availability of appropriately trained skilled manpower.
- Knowledge/Information repository as an open system.
- Process/Technology information as an open system.
- Number of Trainers to be trained: 3,290 over 10 years.
- Number of Trainees to be certified: 8.8 million over 10 years.
- Number of Institutes to be accredited: 1,325 over 10 years.
The RASCI Vision
“Create a sustainable industry aligned ecosystem by promoting retail skill development, benefiting millions in India to get respectable employment opportunities for serving customers and other stakeholders.”
The RASCI Mission
“Develop over 10 million industry competent workforce by 2022 through establishment of National Occupational Standards, Labour Market Information System, Accreditation of training partners / vocational institutions, Certification of Trainers and facilitation of learner assessments and certifications.”
The RASCI Values
PINS to Stitch Ecosystem for Retail Skill Development in India
Persevering – relentlessly pursue all skill development initiatives to create a Robust And Skilled Corporate India.
Integrity – act with honesty in our thought and action to create a Robust And Skilled Competent Industry.
Nurturing – develop the skill ecosystem to create Robust And Skilled Coaching Institutions.
Service – selflessly serve to create Robust And Skilled Confident Individuals.